Benecictine monk, Bishop of Vic, abbot of the monasteries of St. Mary in Ripoll and St. Michael in Cuixà (nowadays France), founder of the monastery St. Mary in Montserrat. An outsdaning character in XI century Catalonia.
Some of his sermons are extant:
- Sermon for the festivity of St. Narcissus
- Sermon for the festivity of St. Galderic.
- Sermon for the festivity of St. Paul in Narbone
- Sermon on the relics for the festivity of the dedication of the basilica at the monastery of Ripoll
A reliable editon of these sermons can be found at:
- Junyent, Eduard, Diplomatari i escrits literaris de l’abat i bisbe Oliba. Barcelona, Institut d’Estudis Catalans, 1992, p. 355-369