(1255-1340) Pupil of Solomon ben Adret, he wrote the “Kad ha-Ḳemaḥ” containing discourses and dissertations that can be considered as sermons.
- Sefer Kad ha-Kemah at Europeana
- Breit, Lemberg (eds.), Kad ha-Ḳemaḥ 1880
- Torah Commentary: Midrash Rabbeinu Bachya. Translated and annotated by Eliyahu Munk. Urim Pubns; 2 edition (April 2003)
- Bettan, Israel, Studies in Jewish preaching: Middle Ages. Lanham, MD : University Press of America, 1987 (1st ed., 1939), p. 89-129.
- Tohar, Vered, «The Exegesis of Bahya Ben Asher for Gen. 15:7», European Journal of Jewish Studies, 9-2 (2015), p. 134 – 153. (Brill on line)