When Rabbi Dr. Charles B. Chavel edited the following texts, he called them ‘Discourses’, as they are not similar to what we understand as a sermon. Nevertheless, they are usually called sermons, and they really share some features with Jewish religious discourses, so it is worth presenting them.
Four of Nahmanides sermons have been preserved:
- Ha-Derashah la-Ḥatunnah, dating from his youth (Chavel 1959, 3-23);
- Torat ha-Shem Temimah, apparently delivered after the disputation of Barcelona (“Derashah,” sermon delivered in the presence of the King of Castile (Prague, 1597) and under the title “Torat Adonai Temimah,” ed. Jellinek, Leipsic, 1853. Also Chavel 1959, 27-139). Chazan 1990 does not accept the sermon to be connected with the Barcelona Disputation.
- one on the Book of Ecclesiastes, which he delivered before his departure for Ereẓ Israel (Chavel 1959, 143-231).
- sermon delivered in Acre on Rosh Ha-Shanah. (Chavel 1959, 235-353)
- CHAVEL, Charles Ber, Ramban: his life and teachings. New York : Philipp Feldheim, cop. 1960
- (ed.), Writings & discourses. New York : Shilo, 1978.
- (ed.), Commentary on the Torah. New York: Shilo, 1971-76.
Specific bibliograpy about Nachmanides’ sermons:
- CHAVEL, Charles Ber, (ed.), Perush ha-torah by Nahmanides. Jerusalem: Mossad Harav Hook, 1959.
- Ramban (Nachmanides) Writings & Discourses. Vol. I. New York, 1978, p. 211-252.
- Mestre Mosse de Girona, Lletra Santa Concernent l’Ajustament carnal de Marit i Muller. Barcelona: Columna, 1986.
Yahalom, Shalem, «Historical background to Nahmanides’ Acre Sermon for Rosh ha-Shanah: the Strengthening of the Catalonian Center», Sefarad, 68:2 (2008), p. 315-342. (PDF)